AARP® Chase Credit Card (Up To 3% Cash Back) & Sign Up Bonus $100
Main Credit Card Features
AARP® Chase® Credit Card Key Benefits:
Primary cash back categories:
Cash back rewards occur when a credit card company gives a small percentage of the purchase back to the customer. Most companies offer cash back between 1-3%, with certain cards offering as much as 6% back. Cash back may be flat-rate, multi-tier, or revolving categories. Rewards come in two primary forms. With an actual cash back rebate, the cash value of the rewards is added to your account. The other type of reward is where your purchases accumulate points. As the customer, you have to initiate the exchange of the points for cash.
Your rebate is redeemed as a check, placed in an account, or more commonly as a statement credit. Using a statement credit, you will not physically receive cash. Instead, the credit card company transfers the “cash” to pay a portion of your credit card bill. How you receive your cash back is described in your credit card agreement.
Cash back takes one or two billing cycles to become applicable and is only redeemable after meeting a minimum threshold. This is done to ensure your account standing is good before the cash back is paid. Cash back cards generally have smaller sign-on bonuses, but lower spending thresholds, than other rewards cards. They are appealing because rewards are simpler to redeem with cash back, and can be received in more ways. When applicable, annual fees are usually $100 or less. Cash back is not subject to devaluation like other rewards programs.
A no annual fee credit card is excellent as a backup credit card as you don’t need to pay to maintain it. You might need a backup credit card if your primary one got lost or stolen. Another benefit of a no annual fee credit card is that you can improve your credit to debt ratio if you don’t use it consistently. You may also consider this card if you are looking for a specific perk.
You are offered several ways to apply for AARP® credit card: by phone, in person, or online. An online credit card application at Chase® Bank’s website may be the easiest and most convenient way to get this credit card.
Before Applying for Chase.Com AARP Credit Card Rewards
Before setting to filling out your application form, make sure you have all the necessary information at hand. This will allow you not to stop in the middle of your application process. Otherwise, your session may time out and you’ll have to start from the very beginning. This can be quite frustrating.
In order to fill in the form, you’ll need to provide your personal and financial information. Prepare in advance the following details needed to submit your Chase® AARP® card application:
- Name and date of birth
- Address and phone number
- Country of citizenship and residence
- Whether you’re a homeowner or a renter
- Social Security number
- Employment status
- Total annual income and sources of income
- Financial assets.
This information should be accurate and precise because the details will be verified. Keep in mind that these requirements may vary from company to company.
Submitting Chase.Com AARP Credit Card Rewards Application
- Go to the issuer’s website: www.chase.com aarp credit card , choose the card you’d like to apply for, and click “Apply Now.” (Alternatively, you can go directly to the application page if you have access to it.)
- Submit your personal information.
- Enter your First Name, Middle Name (if you have any), Last Name, Suffix (if you have any), and Home Address.
- Provide your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Country of Citizenship, Mobile Phone Number, and Email Address.
- Think of your Security Word and choose the Security Word Hint from the drop-down menu.
- Provide your financial information.
- Fill in your Total Annual Income, Monthly Mortgage/Rent Payment, and tick the accounts you have. They need this information to estimate how much income you have and set your credit limit.
- Specify if you’d like to add an Authorized User to your account.
- Finally, agree to Terms and Conditions (chase.aarp) and submit the application. It will be sent to the issuer for approval.
After Submitting the Card Application
You will need to wait for around 2 weeks for the decision from the credit card company. In case your application is denied, find out why. Here you can find the common reasons for your application to be declined.