Apply for BMO Harris Bank Cash Back MasterCard®
Main Credit Card Features
BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard® Key Benefits:
Primary cash back categories:
Cash back rewards occur when a credit card company gives a small percentage of the purchase back to the customer. Most companies offer cash back between 1-3%, with certain cards offering as much as 6% back. Cash back may be flat-rate, multi-tier, or revolving categories. Rewards come in two primary forms. With an actual cash back rebate, the cash value of the rewards is added to your account. The other type of reward is where your purchases accumulate points. As the customer, you have to initiate the exchange of the points for cash.
Your rebate is redeemed as a check, placed in an account, or more commonly as a statement credit. Using a statement credit, you will not physically receive cash. Instead, the credit card company transfers the “cash” to pay a portion of your credit card bill. How you receive your cash back is described in your credit card agreement.
Cash back takes one or two billing cycles to become applicable and is only redeemable after meeting a minimum threshold. This is done to ensure your account standing is good before the cash back is paid. Cash back cards generally have smaller sign-on bonuses, but lower spending thresholds, than other rewards cards. They are appealing because rewards are simpler to redeem with cash back, and can be received in more ways. When applicable, annual fees are usually $100 or less. Cash back is not subject to devaluation like other rewards programs.
A no annual fee credit card is excellent as a backup credit card as you don’t need to pay to maintain it. You might need a backup credit card if your primary one got lost or stolen. Another benefit of a no annual fee credit card is that you can improve your credit to debt ratio if you don’t use it consistently. You may also consider this card if you are looking for a specific perk.
This card provides an attractive APR for balance transfers and purchases during the promotional period. You can save money on interest through the use of this card. Please, remember that even though it is 0% APR, you are still required to make minimum payments. If you are looking to use this card to transfer balances from your other higher interest cards, take into account the Balance Transfer Fees. You can use a simple calculator down the page or visit our balance transfer calculator.
This card provides an attractive APR rate if you transfer your balances from other credit cards or even loans. You can potentially save money on interest by moving your balance. This can get tricky, and you need to keep a few things in mind:
- Take into account the balance transfer fee.
- Understand that your credit score gets impacted every time you open a new credit card account, so you won’t be able to use a balance transfer card every few months.
- The new credit card might not have enough credit limit to cover all your existing high-interest debt.
- You are still required to make monthly minimum payments.
- Using the card for daily transactions is problematic. This is due to the way your monthly payments apply to different principals.
Use our balance transfer calculator to estimate your possible interest savings.
You are offered several ways to apply for BMO Harris cash back credit card: by phone, in person, or online. An online credit card application at BMO Harris Bank’s website may be the easiest and most convenient way to get this credit card.
Before Applying for BmoHarris.com Cash Back Credit Card
Before setting to filling out your application form, make sure you have all the necessary information at hand. This will allow you not to stop in the middle of your application process. Otherwise, your session may time out and you’ll have to start from the very beginning. This can be quite frustrating.
In order to fill in the form, you’ll need to provide your personal and financial information. Prepare in advance the following details needed to submit your cash back MasterCard® BMO Harris credit card application:
- Name and date of birth
- Address and phone number
- Country of citizenship and residence
- Whether you’re a homeowner or a renter
- Social Security number
- Employment status
- Total annual income and sources of income
- Financial assets.
This information should be accurate and precise because the details will be verified. Keep in mind that these requirements may vary from company to company.
Submitting BmoHarris.com Cash Back MasterCard® Application
- Go to the issuer’s website: BmoHarris.com Cash Back MasterCard, choose the card you’d like to apply for, and click “Apply Now.” (Alternatively, you can go directly to the application page if you have access to it.)
- Submit your personal information.
- Enter your First Name, Middle Name (if you have any), Last Name, Suffix (if you have any), and Home Address.
- Provide your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Country of Citizenship, Mobile Phone Number, and Email Address.
- Think of your Security Word and choose the Security Word Hint from the drop-down menu.
- Provide your financial information.
- Fill in your Total Annual Income, Monthly Mortgage/Rent Payment, and tick the accounts you have. They need this information to estimate how much income you have and set your credit limit.
- Specify if you’d like to add an Authorized User to your account.
- Finally, agree to Terms and Conditions (BmoHarris.com Cash Back MasterCard Terms) and submit the application. It will be sent to the issuer for approval.
After Submitting the Card Application
You will need to wait for around 2 weeks for the decision from the credit card company. In case your application is denied, find out why. Here you can find the common reasons for your application to be declined.