Citi® Double Cash Card
Main Credit Card Features
Citi® Double Cash Card Key Benefits:
Primary cash back categories:
- All Purchases
Cash back rewards occur when a credit card company gives a small percentage of the purchase back to the customer. Most companies offer cash back between 1-3%, with certain cards offering as much as 6% back. Cash back may be flat-rate, multi-tier, or revolving categories. Rewards come in two primary forms. With an actual cash back rebate, the cash value of the rewards is added to your account. The other type of reward is where your purchases accumulate points. As the customer, you have to initiate the exchange of the points for cash.
Your rebate is redeemed as a check, placed in an account, or more commonly as a statement credit. Using a statement credit, you will not physically receive cash. Instead, the credit card company transfers the “cash” to pay a portion of your credit card bill. How you receive your cash back is described in your credit card agreement.
Cash back takes one or two billing cycles to become applicable and is only redeemable after meeting a minimum threshold. This is done to ensure your account standing is good before the cash back is paid. Cash back cards generally have smaller sign-on bonuses, but lower spending thresholds, than other rewards cards. They are appealing because rewards are simpler to redeem with cash back, and can be received in more ways. When applicable, annual fees are usually $100 or less. Cash back is not subject to devaluation like other rewards programs.
A no annual fee credit card is excellent as a backup credit card as you don’t need to pay to maintain it. You might need a backup credit card if your primary one got lost or stolen. Another benefit of a no annual fee credit card is that you can improve your credit to debt ratio if you don’t use it consistently. You may also consider this card if you are looking for a specific perk.
This card provides an attractive APR rate if you transfer your balances from other credit cards or even loans. You can potentially save money on interest by moving your balance. This can get tricky, and you need to keep a few things in mind:
- Take into account the balance transfer fee.
- Understand that your credit score gets impacted every time you open a new credit card account, so you won’t be able to use a balance transfer card every few months.
- The new credit card might not have enough credit limit to cover all your existing high-interest debt.
- You are still required to make monthly minimum payments.
- Using the card for daily transactions is problematic. This is due to the way your monthly payments apply to different principals.
Use our balance transfer calculator to estimate your possible interest savings.
You are offered several ways to apply for Citi® Double Cash credit card: by phone, in person, or online. An online credit card application at Citi’s website may be the easiest and most convenient way to get the Citi® Double Cash credit card.
Before Applying for Citi® Double Cash Credit Card
Before setting to filling out your application form, make sure you have all the necessary information at hand. This will allow you not to stop in the middle of your application process. Otherwise, your session may time out and you’ll have to start from the very beginning. This can be quite frustrating.
In order to fill in the form, you’ll need to provide your personal and financial information. Prepare in advance the following details needed to submit your Citi® Double Cash card application:
- Name and date of birth
- Address and phone number
- Country of citizenship and residence
- Whether you’re a homeowner or a renter
- Social Security number
- Employment status
- Total annual income and sources of income
- Financial assets.
This information should be accurate and precise because the details will be verified. Keep in mind that these requirements may vary from company to company.
Submitting Your Credit Card Application
- Go to the issuer’s website, choose the card you’d like to apply for, and click “Apply Now.” (Alternatively, you can go directly to the application page if you have access to it.)
- Submit your personal information.
- Enter your First Name, Middle Name (if you have any), Last Name, Suffix (if you have any), and Home Address.
- Provide your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Country of Citizenship, Mobile Phone Number, and Email Address.
- Think of your Security Word and choose the Security Word Hint from the drop-down menu.
- Provide your financial information.
- Fill in your Total Annual Income, Monthly Mortgage/Rent Payment, and tick the accounts you have. They need this information to estimate how much income you have and set your credit limit.
- Specify if you’d like to add an Authorized User to your account.
- Finally, agree to Terms and Conditions and submit the application. It will be sent to the issuer for approval.
After Submitting the Citi Citi® Double Cash Card Application
You will need to wait for around 2 weeks for the decision from the credit card company. In case your application is denied, find out why. Here you can find the common reasons for your application to be declined.